New to the forum...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jwain63, Feb 25, 2016.

1. jwain63

jwain63 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Concord, nc
    Hello all,
    After reading on this forum for the last 8 months, I finally decided to join. I grew up raising chickens as a child and went about 20 years chickenless... When I bought my current home 8 months ago, it came with an established flock, coup, and fenced in chicken lot. So I jumped back in with both feet. The existing flock was 8 older red comets and one huge black sexlink rooster. I have replaced the elderly since. Now I still have the rooster and two comets. But I added, 2 splash Orps, 2 black Orps, 1 Americana, and a barred rock. Also, 2 mallards and 3 rabbits. I love keeping a little bit of everything... Picking up 5 buff Orp chicks tomorrow and 5 silver laced Wyandottes next week. It's fixing to get fun!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - with everything set to go in your new home keeping chickens again was unavoidable I'm sure. [​IMG] I'm glad that you are enjoying your chicken (and duck) renaissance.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

Welcome to you and your menagerie. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Glad you decided to make it official! I look forward to seeing pictures, if you decided to post some. It sounds like you have a well mixed flock. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. jwain63

jwain63 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Concord, nc
    Snapped a few pictures of the girls tonight while checking on things.. Didn't get them all, but I got a few of my favorites..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the king or course...

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by