New to the group, Thank you all

Kevin Magee

Chirping
Oct 22, 2017
Sarasota
0A7688D4-B3EC-4F72-BDE0-6A1F82E4F028.jpeg
I have currently raised my first flock of chicks to my dismay three out of the four chicks turned out to be roosters. These little guys turned out to be my little buddies and would follow me everywhere around the yard. I have since found a good home for my little guys on an 11 acre farm with plenty of hens. It makes me happy to know that they will be living a happy life. I did keep my little hen out of the first flock and I am currently raising three more small chicks to eventually introduce to my original hen when they grow up a bit.
My original hen is a Barred Rock/ Rhode Island red mix. My new chicks are currently three different breeds one Buff Orpington, one Golden Laced Wyandotte and one Black Sexlink. I would like to thank everybody on this site you’ve been beneficial and extremely informative when I had any kind of questions while raising my first flock and they turned out to be large healthy chickens.
I have two dogs that get along wonderfully with the chickens I have no worries of these canines attacking at anytime if anything they hang around and protect my girls. I have one indoor cat three snakes and I currently support my 23 and 21-year-old son’s And my wife Melissa of 23 years.
74E9D2D0-C1D3-4F0C-8BE5-EC83FA9E86C0.jpeg

:welcome

Thank you for joining us and thanks for an interesting intro (love the photos).

Make yourself at home here and best off luck with your flock!

G’Day from down under Kevin :frow Welcome!

It is a shame you had to rehome your little buddies but I too am pleased you found them a good one.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom