New to the group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by newbiefowl, Mar 3, 2016.

1. newbiefowl

newbiefowl New Egg

Mar 3, 2016
    Hello everyone!! I am so excited to be a part of this group. During my research I have found most of my answers her. Right now we have 3 ducklings and are waiting for our local feed store in Charles Town WV gets in the breeds we are looking for. My daughter, son and myself can not wait to start construction on our coop and collecting fresh eggs in the near future. Thanks again for all the information and I look forward to learning so much more.

2. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you decided to join us!! Make sure you check out the learning center, it's full of information.

3. DelanaP21

DelanaP21 New Egg

Mar 3, 2016
    Hi I'm new and need help on learning how to hatch mallard duck eggs with no father duck, no mother duck, and no incubator please help!!

4. brucewayne

brucewayne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2016
    [​IMG] I know the feeling of anticipation!

5. DelanaP21

DelanaP21 New Egg

Mar 3, 2016
    So how do I figure out anything it's only 3-4days old but I'm already ready for it to hatch but I don't have a incubator I'm too poor to buy one

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us!

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things duck.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC,

All the best
    CT

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Welcome to BYC - I'm not really sure on how you plan to hatch an egg without the basic components (i.e. fertile eggs). I agree that incubators are expensive, but you can build your own - just type "DIY incubators" in the search box and i am sure you will get the information you need.

Cheers
    CT

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Good luck with your endeavors.

10. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Are you looking to get more ducks or are you getting chicks too? Either way, they're both great and grow fast so better get that construction going! Don't forget to take lots of pictures (of both the birds and the build)...those are always fun to look back on.

Thanks for joining us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by