1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new to the group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amanda miller, May 23, 2016.

1. Amanda miller

Amanda miller New Egg

May 23, 2016
    Jus now starting to incubate and raise my first chicks

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us. Good luck with your hatch.

You may be interested in the Incubating and Hatching forums.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  4. erkellerfarms

erkellerfarms New Egg

Feb 10, 2016
    Souderton Pa
    Thanks for all the welcomes. I've been doing all my research from this sight, today was the first time I chimed in. I've learned a lot and have much more learning to do. My favorites are old English bantams. My favorite roo was snagged up from me by a hawk, on Christmas Day I might add, and I've been trying ever since to have a beautiful roo since then. My hen hatched some off his eggs but only 1 made it and it was another hen. I've bought fertile eggs from eBay and my first batch I made a rookie mistake and forgot to put the thermometer back inside the incubator after turning the eggs and baked them. [​IMG] So I tried again with some success. I have 15 more self blue old english that should hatch in about 2 weeks, see how that hatching goes. I have 2 broody hens (Easter eggers) in my coop that are hoarding all my eggs. We shall see what happens out there.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by