New to the Group!

Chicknbootz

In the Brooder
May 23, 2017
Nebraska
My name is Kendra, but I've recently gotten the nickname Chickenboots from family and friends, which I love. I live on a farm with my husband. No kids yet. I ran the idea of getting some chicks by my husband, who has always grown up on the farm, and he loved it! I was very surprised. So this month we have been working on fixing up an old building to turn into our coop. We bought out chicks from our town Bomgaars. May 3rd we brought home- 6 RIR, 6 Barred Rock, and 2 Red sexlink. May 12th I came home with 10 Buff Orpingtons! Ooops!
Anways.
I love these threads, I've gained so much knowledge on chicks and coops, and I'm glad to be apart of it!
Nice to meet everyone!:)

Hi Kendra and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new littles!

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Love the username! I own a blog called Boots and Chicken Poop!

1. Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.
  2. www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
    My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

Hi, and welcome to BYC. Sounds like your first experience with chicken math. :) It strikes us all. Seems to me you just need a couple chickens with boots to round it out...Maybe Brahmas or Silkies?? Lol. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to backyard chicken :welcome :) the best information can be found and great friends are among us! glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom