New to the group!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Marme, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Marme

Marme Chirping

May 20, 2016
    Hello! I am new to being a member of backyard chickens but refer to a lot of the posts that I see here, so I figured it was time to be involved. I have had chickens for around 4 years, and have 8 straight run chicks currently. I have three blue laced red wyandottes which I have wanted for years, and am really hoping at least one or two of them turn out to be pullets, especially since they are currently my sweetest/friendliest chicks. I have a blue wheaton and a silver Ameraucana, both straight run. I have one black copper maran, a silver laced orpington and a lavender orpington, all straight run as well. I will be picking up my cream legbar pullet this weekend and then waiting to see how many roosters I end up with. I absolutely love my chickens and also have two adult hens, a buff orpington and a barred rock. I love the idea of a varied flock and hope I can get a lot of insight here on different breeds. Thanks for having me! I also have my own human little ones that I raise as well and are starting to help with the care of our birds. =P

2. BirdsBeesTrees

BirdsBeesTrees Songster

Mar 10, 2019
    Iowa
    Hi! :frow :welcome

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens. :yesss:

4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

5. FlappyFeathers

FlappyFeathers Crossing the Road

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    1byc-flower-fence.png

hithere.gif I'm a big fan of a mixed flock, too... and colorful eggs! Sounds like you have a really nice assortment. Do you plan to keep any cockerels?

6. Marme

Marme Chirping

May 20, 2016
    Thank you!

7. Marme

Marme Chirping

May 20, 2016
    I would love to, but I'm not allowed any as I live in town. The breeder I buy from helps to rehome all the chicks that turn out to be roosters. If I had one I really loved I might at some time try a no-crow collar but I don't know how affective that is. I'm hoping to have a blue, copper, olive, and brown egg layer by next year. Although I'm really excited about my BLRW that I finally have gotten. Crossing my finders they won't be boys since I wouldn't be able to keep them!

8. Marme

Marme Chirping

May 20, 2016
    Thank you so much!

9. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: