New to the group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by crazychicklady6, Sep 5, 2014.

1. crazychicklady6

crazychicklady6 New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    Hi I am the crazychicklady6 and I am from Arkansas. I just started with chickens earlier this year. I started out with 5 Astrolope hens that were given to us. Then I had a lady give me 17 babies of all breeds. Then we bought our first hens 3 one Americana and 2 silver laced whyndottes. I then gained 2 samantra roosters and a hen. Then came some EE's that were given to us a believe there was 2 grown hens and 6 babies. Then my father in law buys us 14 cinnamon queen hens. So what started out as a small hobby farm has turned into a large chicken farm.
    Okay I am the crazy chicken lady for a reason! I love my girls what can I say!

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

We are all chicken maniacs here! Sounds like you understand chicken math perfectly! One chicken plus another chicken equals more![​IMG]

Enjoy your lovely flock and welcome to ours!

3. crazychicklady6

crazychicklady6 New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

One serious molt.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. crazychicklady6

crazychicklady6 New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    thanks

6. LIChickens

LIChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information. Ask a question and you will get many good answers.

Read the FAQ below.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We are all chicken crazy here. I was born in Hot Springs, AR. Even after my parents moved away, I used to return and spend every summer and every holiday with my grandparents in Hot Springs. I still have relatives in that area and still love it there. You have some really good layers. Cinnamon Queens are one of many labels that some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links under and they are egg laying machines, and the Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets out of ours), and they are excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your beautiful flock.

8. Louly

Louly Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2014
    Aizenay Vendée FRANCE
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us !

9. ChookRanger

ChookRanger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2014
    Welcome! Your chickens are so pretty!

10. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you are thoroughly addicted!! You have a gorgeous flock!!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our roost!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by