New to the neighborhood...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EllieMa3, Oct 5, 2016.

1. EllieMa3

EllieMa3 New Egg

Oct 5, 2016
    Introducing myself as EllieMa3 which is what my husband nicknamed me when he met me, been married going on 10 years, throat cancer survivor of 9 years, mother of four and have eight grandkids. Actually we started out with goats Nigiran dwarf pgymys, which we now have five and they are my kids too, along with the forty+ chickens. We have Cochins, Bantams, Road island reds, delawares and silkies. We have almost 2 acres to farm on. We tried our hand at gardening, everything turned out good the first but something happened after that nothing would grow. I am also an artist and craftsman, I work with spray paints, acrylics, creating Art out of recycled items such as shoe boxes, plastic lids, metal cans, wood shingles, bottles and many other items. Keeping America Beautiful one piece of trash at a time.
    I'm still learning all I can about my chickens for I want them healthy and create for them a
    safe environment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Edited by staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us and thanks for your intro and pics! Theres lots of info in the learning centre -
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. What gorgeous birds you have there!

4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, EllieMa3, and welcome to BYC! Great to have you aboard! Best wishes!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Hi and [​IMG]! We are glad you joined the flock! :)

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there Ellie Ma3, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Wonderful introduction, and those are some gorgeous birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by