New To the Site and Keeping Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thechickenkeeper, Nov 9, 2008.

1. thechickenkeeper

thechickenkeeper Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hello Rob from New Zealand calling, new here and to poultry, all is going well so far, 3 months in, i have 5 brown shavers, all in good health and all laying. In the process of building deluxe coop machII, from pallets and rescued timber. To coincide with the start of keeping hens, i ahve started a blog, called,,,,,,, you guess it. well done. I would love to hear your feed back on that, any tipsters out there, be great to here from you, and I look forward to meeting more new lovers of all that is feathered.
    cheers

http://thechickenkeeper.wordpess.com/

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Welcome to BYC. This place is great and the people are friendly and helpful.

4. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG] Be careful.....its addicting!!! [​IMG]

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the chicken yard . Hope you have had your shots!!
    BECAUSE 3 months in...... you have the bug now [​IMG]

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] Rob! [​IMG] Glad you found us. this is a great site. Any questions, just ask! Make sure you make that coop big enough for lots and lots of chickens. 5 just won't do it!!

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I've always wanted to visit New Zealand!!! (no that's not a hint! [​IMG] ) Post some pics when you can. I'll check out your blog next.

8. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Welcome, I am new here too and I am in Wales in the UK, and this site has been brilliant. You will find so much support and to be honest pure entertainment here, the people on this site are magic, and chickens are addictive, believe me.

Jena

9. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    [​IMG]

10. sweetcorn

sweetcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Welcome Rob , when you post us pics of your chickens , include some of that great NZ scenery !! [​IMG] Lovely country !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by