New to the site! Polish chicken fan!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by buffalochicks, Sep 4, 2014.

1. buffalochicks

buffalochicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    Buffalo Minnesota
    Hi! my name is Kaiden I love Polish chickens.when i got the bunch i had to order them as a straight run (that means random) and i got 3 roosters and 1 hen [​IMG]. any advice on how my chicks can get along with my barred rocks and my silver laced wyandotte hens.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    That's a tough question. Because their crests inhibit their vision, Polish tend to be picked on by the more robust standard breeds like BAs and SLWs. I used to have some Golden Polish and never could keep them with any of my chickens except my Black Silkies, so I ended up having to keep both the Polish and the Silkies together in a separate coop/run from the other breeds. On the plus side, probably the most beautiful chickens I ever had were the Golden Polish X Black Silkie offspring. They were gorgeous birds and very sweet. Good luck in figuring out what you want to do with your Polish.

3. buffalochicks

buffalochicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    Buffalo Minnesota
    Thanks! I wish I could talk my dad into building me another coop for the polish!! I might have to check out the Golden Polish now :)
    Kaiden

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by