New to thevan chicken world!

naranjok

Hatching
Sep 24, 2016
My name is Kimmy, I live in California and I have 24 chickens who are about 11 weeks old and I have so many questions. I have always had livestock at my house but never my own chickens, so I decided to jump in and buy some! I'm having trouble sexing my polish, that's the biggest reason I'm here!

Welcome to BYC!
Did you purchase the birds as "straight run" or were they sold as sexed birds and you just aren't sure the sexing was correct? At 11 weeks you are in prime time for posting some photos of them and we can sort them out for you. As you have multiple birds it is helpful if you group photos of each bird together and label them with a letter, number, etc so we know when we are looking at the same bird/different angle or a different bird all together.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I bought them sexed, I'm just having such a hard time with those polish, and I'm second guessing myself! I posted a thread of them on the breed/sex forum, I can tell one of my other chickens is a roo, so I got worried these might be too.

Hi :welcome Kimmy

Glad you could join the flock! I keep and breed polish and they sure are hard to sex, sometimes not until 6 months old can you tell what they are. I will pop over and take a look at your pics of the polish and see if I can help.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your birds in the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi Kimmy, nice to meet you. I saw your post on "what breed or gender is this." Polish(and silkies) can be very difficult to sex early. They love to keep people guessing.

Hello there Kimmy! Welcome to Backyard Chickens!! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. I do not know anything about polish, but I am confident that you will get good answers to you questions! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom