New to this forum

StaJ

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
Hello everyone, so I live in Northern Ontario and have 23 chickens and 5 Muscovy ducks. 2 of my ducks have started sitting on their eggs, and my 3rd female doesn't seem to care about the eggs. My question is the ducklings will be hatched roughly around the beginning of April. The ducks share a coop with 2 male ducks. When the babies hatch will that be a problem? I'm letting the mother ducks sit on the eggs, we aren't going to incubate them. I've never done this before and it's so exciting :). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Welcome to BYC and I recommend to start a second thread on you’re question in the hatching section or the Duck section . I know almost nothing about Muscovies. But nevertheless good luck with you’re ducks and chickens.

if you want to read more about chickens: here you find an overview with some interesting topics:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive.72529/

Hi and welcome to BYC. I know zip about ducks, but other greeters will be along soon to advise, hopefully :flChat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi and welcome to BYC. I know zip about ducks, but other greeters will be along soon to advise, hopefully :flChat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you, I also have 23 chickens so I'll have lots of questions lol

Back
Top Bottom