New to this group. I live in Livonia, Mi

Farmersat1976

Chirping
Jan 7, 2018
Hello,
My husband and I live in Livonia, Mi and want to have a few hens. The local ordinance only outlaws the sale of chics but says nothing about owning them as pets? Anyone from the area have any info on Livonia? We are on 1.5 acres and have a three story barn. The owners before us had horses at one point. I did see a neighbor near us advertising eggs for sale. Is that the only way to use the right to farm act?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Thank you we are excited. My husband and I worked at a living history farm in Dearborn, MI. We cared for antique breeds and love the Bramahs, Polish, and Cochins.

We also have been looking at coops and I am in love with the Amarican style Carolina coop but it is not cheap. Any coop recommendations would be great.

Steph

Thank you we are excited. My husband and I worked at a living history farm in Dearborn, MI. We cared for antique breeds and love the Bramahs, Polish, and Cochins.

We also have been looking at coops and I am in love with the Amarican style Carolina coop but it is not cheap. Any coop recommendations would be great.

Steph
Take a look on the "Coop & Run" page. There are tons of ideas for coops and runs, from simple to complex.

Hello,
My husband and I live in Livonia, Mi and want to have a few hens. The local ordinance only outlaws the sale of chics but says nothing about owning them as pets? Anyone from the area have any info on Livonia? We are on 1.5 acres and have a three story barn. The owners before us had horses at one point. I did see a neighbor near us advertising eggs for sale. Is that the only way to use the right to farm act?

Thanks,

Stephanie
:jumpy:welcome:bun

Hello,

Thanks,

Stephanie

Welcome to Backyard Chickens might be easiest to talk to folks by you we have many city ordinances posted but you state thread is the best good luck and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom