New to this in Central Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by juliejohnson805, Oct 19, 2016.

1. juliejohnson805

juliejohnson805 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2016
    Central Alabama
    Hi all! I've posted some pics getting help sexing and with breeds but somehow I missed this thread. I have 6 chickens around 15 weeks old. Bought them as Amercaunca hens but ended up with what most think are EE. I have 4 roos for sure and I still deciding on one. The person I bought from gave me 3 more hens since he sexed them wrong. These are supposedly 2 Jersey Giants and 1 English Orphington. I was able to rehome 3 of my roos. I am expecting a shipment of 21 chicks next week. So excited! As we didn't understand chicken math I am now increasing my coop and run area to accommodate my new additions.

Hoping to add more animals to my farm this next year. so we will just have to see what the Lord has in store for us. I am so thankful that I found this site as it has a lot of information and everyone appears to be very helpfu!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, juliejohnson805, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Yes, I've seen your posts in other forums - glad you stopped by this one so we could give you an official BYC welcome! Best wishes to you and your flock! [​IMG]

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!

4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Happy to have you as part of the community! Yay! More chicks! [​IMG]Good luck with those little balls of fluff!
    Have a wonderful time on here and best wishes! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by