New to this kind of wormer.

quails-101

Chirping
Apr 16, 2016
Hey I'm new to this kind of wormer but a lot of people that I know with a lot poultry are recommending this wormer
21214_L_vvs_000.jpg
can I put this in a water container and give it to all the ducks, chickens, turkeys and guinea fowl that are all in the same run I cant separate them. The bottle also doesn't say how much to give to quail or pheasant or bantum chickens. sorry The picture is so big. Thanks for the info.

I believe that Wazine is only good for round worms.

Lots of info on the site, click the underlined link:
advanced search>titles only> wazine

I just don't know how much to put in the water I have 22 coturnix quail in a coop with a half gallon water and 5 ringneck pheasant in a run and 2 turkeys 2 chickens, 4 guinea fowl and 5 muskovy ducks all in one coop. But there is a lot more of those birds I just listed but they are all babies.

I just don't know how much to put in the water I have 22 coturnix quail in a coop with a half gallon water and 5 ringneck pheasant in a run and 2 turkeys 2 chickens, 4 guinea fowl and 5 muskovy ducks all in one coop. But there is a lot more of those birds I just listed but they are all babies.
Are you sure you have round worms?

You need to research each of those species separately for medication and dosages.
Pretty sure all have subforums here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry

The dosing is 1 ounce per gallon of water. It is the same whether the chicken is standard or bantam. The amounts on the bottle are given as an estimation of how much water that many birds drink a day, as it should be added to the amount of water the birds will consume in one day. Regardless, are you sure you need to deworm? Prophylactic deworming can build resistance to dewormer, similar to the Willy nilly use of antibiotics. Secondly, I too would advise you to look up "wazine quail","wazine ducks" and so on to be certain it is okay for animals not listed by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
@quails-101 , to the best of my knowledge Wazine (piperazine) can be used to treat all fowl.

For best results, remove water in the evening (except during hot weather). Then, early the next morning, begin water medicated with Wazine-17. Provide medicated water only, distributed in waterers sufficient in number so that all birds or animals have access to water. The medicated water should be consumed in 1 day or less. Worming every 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle.

Dose is one ounce (30 ml) per gallon.

Medicated water only means no ponds, puddles, creeks, duck pools, etc.

-Kathy

The dosing is 1 ounce per gallon of water. It is the same whether the chicken is standard or bantam. The amounts on the bottle are given as an estimation of how much water that many birds drink a day, as it should be added to the amount of water the birds will consume in one day. Regardless, are you sure you need to deworm? Prophylactic deworming can build resistance to dewormer, similar to the Willy nilly use of antibiotics. Secondly, I too would advise you to look up "wazine quail","wazine ducks" and so on to be certain it is okay for animals not listed by the manufacturer.
It's not listed by the manufacturer because the FDA hasn't approved it for other fowl, just like Safeguard for goats doesn't list chickens and other fowl.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom