New to this site and raising chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ediepoplin, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ediepoplin

ediepoplin New Egg

Feb 13, 2017
    Lone Grove, Oklahoma
    So I started with chickens because I wanted eggs. I had no idea that I would become so attached so quickly. After multiple attempts I currently have four hens. A Delaware, a barred rock and two cinnamon queens. These have became my baby girls very quickly. Right now my Delaware is the only one laying. The barred rock hasn't layed yet but should anytime now and the cinnamon queens I bought as laying hens but I've only had them a few days so they haven't started back yet. I tried the cute coop but I have dogs that busted in and my chicks didn't make it twice. So I have had my hens in a steel cage since and recently got them a bigger one. They seem quite happy and I am in there every day. I joined this site to read everything I can to benefit my girls and am hoping for a support system when I hit obstacles. I look forward to any advice I can get for my girls. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's a nice flock! You have come to the right place, you will find all kinds of help on the forum. [​IMG] So glad you joined us here. Enjoy your girls!

3. ediepoplin

ediepoplin New Egg

Feb 13, 2017
    Lone Grove, Oklahoma
    Thank you so much. I really didn't know that chickens would be so captivating. I want the best for my girls and I really don't know much. So that's why I'm here. Hoping to do the best for my girls that I can !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by