New to this site!

Creeksidekate

Hatching
Jan 29, 2017
Wrightsville/Craley PA
Hello all my name is Katie! My family and i got into chickens 4 years ago after a stop at our local tractor supply. Ever since then we have had chickens, now we are looking into breeding rare chickens that are dying out. We had a bunch of layers but after our neighbors dogs came over and completely turned our world upside when they killed our entire flock of chickens, and ducks... We now have very strong fencing and very strong coops so that the dogs and other predators cannot get in. We used to let everyone free range all day now its only 2 times a week when the neighbors arent home.But anyways i look forward to learning more and being on this site!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Katie, glad to hear you rebuilt everything to make it stronger. We get a lot of stories here about neighborhood dogs wiping out flocks. So sorry that happened.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining us!

thank you all you are so kind :) im really thinking im going to like it here in this. none of my other friends understand how chickens and all that are such a big part of my families life and that they bring us so much joy! :) and yeah the neighbors dogs are horrible and so are the new neighbors they refused to pay for the damages we had 300 dollars worth of show ducks and chickens and the neighbors knew there dogs were out and didnt call and tell us we came home to bodies everywhere. but thankfully thats in the past and our babies are more protected now.

G’Day from down under Katie
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss
sad.png
and wish you all the best with your current flock.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Greetings from Kansas, Katie, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community but sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Dogs can be the worst of predators as they will wipe out all they can instead of just snatching one to eat. Hope you recover and rebuild - best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom