New to this website!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Westchesterchic, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Westchesterchic

Westchesterchic New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    Hey everyone,

I just signed up today. I have had chickens for many many many years. Not to age myself but my whole 25 years of life has been full of chickens coming and going, foxes, raccoons, dust bath's, bug eating, grass eating, harsh winters, mild winters, expensive food (grain shortage), and cheaper years for food (how I miss those years).

In the past I had mostly bantams. I have had some standard size chickens too but for some reason the bantams I had always stayed the healthiest the longest. Just recently acquired now a flock of 7 standard mixed Standard Breeds. I am looking forward to getting some information about coops, cleaning, eggs, chicken shows, health and whatever you all have on these forums.

I added some photos of the chickens I have I guess to my profile??? Go ahead and take a look (if it works). I live in the suburbs of New York City which is great and all but people are not as excited to have chickens or poultry shows around here. If anyone knows of a good poultry shows near Westchester, NY let me know. I would love to go. It has been getting much more popular to get chickens in the berbs (aka suburbs). Still it's not enough to have shows with. Even went to the State fair and I wasn't impressed with the chicken show they had.

Anyways like i wrote before I look forward to reading all that I can read about chickens on the forums. Hopefully post more pictures for the future.

-Selina

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

3. bellanonna

bellanonna Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    Prineville, Oregon
    [​IMG] From Oregon. My daughter lives in Suffern. . .close to you?

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. Fancy Favie

Fancy Favie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2012
    Millington, MI
    Welcome to BYC from Michigan

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

7. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC from NY[​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. NCGrammie

NCGrammie What's Cluckin'?!

Mar 14, 2012
    Pinnacle, NC
    :welcome Welcome, it's so nice to meet you! I'm from NC myself and this year started raising chickens and well...:jumpy chicken math took over and the addiction began! :lau I hope you enjoy it as much as I do here...I have met many wonderful friends and learned SOOOO much from many of the pros. Jump right on in, you will feel right at home in no time! :caf

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by