new to this

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by t_2008_v, Feb 10, 2011.

1. t_2008_v

t_2008_v Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2008
    I just bought my first incubator. It is the little giant still air incubator. I put 30 eggs in there. Hopefully the temperature will remain constant! Wish me luck guys. [​IMG]

2. LC orps

LC orps Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2009
    Mcleansville, NC
    [​IMG] good luck i would get a computer fan and put in the bator for the next hatch....... It's very adictive be carfull [​IMG]

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Good luck!!
    and
    [​IMG]

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Congrats on the new adventure your about to imbark on...It has its up and downs...But the in the end it will all be worth it....
    [​IMG]

5. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Oh, boy, another one sucked into the vortex - no way from here but further in! [​IMG] Good luck and [​IMG]

6. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Welcome and Good Luck!!! [​IMG]

7. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Glad to see you here. My first hatch was a few weeks ago , but I am not a hatchaholic, not not not not .... (geez I wonder how many of the silkies will hatch this weekend???) [​IMG]

Let us know how it turns out!

8. josiemare

josiemare Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    I too have a LG still air. I just ordered some hatching eggs that arrived yesterday. My temps were uneven with the test eggs. I decided on the spur of the moment to add a fan. I am soo glad I did. I went to the computer store and bought a used fan for $5. I spliced it with an old cell phone charger. Plugged it it and it works perfectly. Even temps. Very happy.

Seriously, it is so easy, it took less than 5 mins to do!

Yes, I am NOT an electrician or like those projects, but there are several how to guides on here. It takes longer to read about it than it does to do it.

Oh, good luck with your hatch. What kinds of eggs?

9. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    [​IMG] Im setting my first eggs tomorrow in a borrowed bator with a fan and turner, just an old foam one, a dozen + silkies...I hope i dont mess this up! [​IMG]

10. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    haha we're all like drug dealers... try it.. you'll love it... here, let me help.. free advice...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by