New to turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ChickenCrazy01, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazy01

ChickenCrazy01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    I got started with my chickens back in February and now I got 2 BBB turkey poults over a week ago that is for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also have some turkey eggs in the incubator with some chicken eggs going in tonight to help my turkeys out. I have been "lurking" in this section to learn as much as I could before I took the plunge into turkeys. I will take some new pics today to share of my babies. I will try to add some of them from when I got them.

[​IMG]

Sorry the image is huge I got to figre out how to edit the pics smaller on photobucket.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello and welcome from OHIO!

I also just got my first two turkeys ever, just last month at a swap meet. I bought one Royal Palm, and one Blue Slate. I still have absolutely no idea if they are male or female........

If you have turkey questions, I'm not really very experienced, but if you post a question, there are lots of members who can help you!

Anyhow,

Glad you have joined! Take care,

Sharon

3. ChickenCrazy01

ChickenCrazy01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Thank you for the welcome and I am sure I will have lots of questions.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Welcome from Missouri! My two year old Bourbon Red hen has hatched two duckling eggs and now is raising them. Very funny to watch. You will enjoy them. My two hens will get into my dh's lap and sit and loved to be stroked till they fall asleep on his lap. [​IMG]

5. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Wait till the ducks go swimming, momma turkey will be beside herself with worry. make sure to get video.

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:Wait till the ducks go swimming, momma turkey will be beside herself with worry. make sure to get video.

mama stands in water bucket they swim in to cool off. she will stand there for hours. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by