new to us ducks..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Hillsvale, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    we picked up some new chickens today and they also had ducks.... we got two little call ducks today, the whole way home one actually sounded like a piglet squeel!... we stuck them in the hut the geese hang out in... too cute, when we went to put the geese to bed these little tiny ducks scared them so much they hissed and ran out of the hut! [​IMG]

We hope the little ducks bond with the geese so they will be protected. [​IMG]

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

The first day will be the worst. In a few weeks (or sooner) they'll be buddies. Or at least friendly aquaninces. (sp?)

3. Hillsvale

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    for these huge african geese to be afraid of these tiny little ducks.... too cute especially where one of the geese has been so agressive lately! lol

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I find my cats can get really nervous around kittens. Go figure.

5. Hillsvale

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    the unknown...

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Just be careful! Geese can be the best guards to them but they can also turn around and hurt the little guys. Just ask bleenie about her little Nibbles. My geese grew up with 50 or so ducks of all ages. but when i got down to 7 they turned and now attack my mama duck whenever i let them out of the pen. But ive also heard some realy cute stories of geese taking ducks under their wing [​IMG] good luck! keep us updated, & add pics if you can??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by