New Tolbunt Baby!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by StudioBellaRose, Mar 15, 2013.

1. StudioBellaRose

StudioBellaRose Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Wild Peach, Texas
    [​IMG]

Our 1st Tolbunt has hatched and I wanted to share it with everyone! Out of 6 eggs only 2 were viable at the 14 day candling and both have made it to hatch day. This little cutie is resting after a 10 hour hatch(after the 1st pip) and its hatch mate should be here soon. The brooder is all set up and waiting for them and I'm so anxious to hold them both, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG] Congrats!

3. StudioBellaRose

StudioBellaRose Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Wild Peach, Texas
    Thanks, I had gotten the message that our eggs were coming a few weeks ahead of schedule so I didnt have the bator set up. Luckily we have a local breeder here who graciously set them in her bator for us and did all of our candling and also took the pic above for us. Big, huge thanks to Sara Ricks and her husband at The Rick's Chicks!!!

I'll post pics soon but both babies hatched. The one in the pic above is slightly splayed leg but I have a tiny lil brace between its legs to help until it gets more strength... it should be fine in a few days... The other one hatched out during the night and is perfect! We picked up a few day old silkies from Sara to keep them company but mostly because a bad case of chicken math hit me...lol... So we have the 2 Tolbunt babies, a white, a partridge, and a splash Silkie they are all in the brooder and sipping water and investigating the food dish and chirping away!!!

Oh and my previously gruff "Your on your own with those dang chickens and I'm not messing with them" husband picked out the Silkies himslef and then declared that we had to get them home and in the brooder so he could run to Lowes and get lumber to build them a proper chicken coop... LOL... waiting on the chicken math bug to bite him in the butt any day now!!!!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    LOL Sounds like your DH got the chicken bug! Mine wasn't enthusiastic at first, but when we go to farmer's markets now I have to stop HIM from buying more chickens! You must post more pics of your cute stuff when they are ready.

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Congrates very cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by