1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Tractor & New Brooder In Progress New Pics Added

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by edbama2, Feb 20, 2007.

1. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here are some photos of alot of work and money and time that I have dedicated to my chics. LOL! My wife is getting jealous. If anyone needs help in planning on either project let me know. I will try to help the best I can. I think the bitties like the miniature Daschund in the photo. They walk right up to him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  2. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Oh, that is a sweet picture! My hubby built me one as well last year. Man I've got to get a camera! [​IMG]

3. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well I finally got the tractor finished enough to put some of the older chics outside. I can't wait until morning to let them out. [​IMG]

4. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Cool tractor! Great job. How many chickens can that baby hold?

5. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    I am not sure. Right now there are 14 in there. The inside is 4' by 5'. The outside is 5' by 10'. When the ones in there get bigger, I might have to remove some. [​IMG]

6. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks great, but I fell inlove with the little dashhound ( we call it a Teckel) [​IMG]. My mom has one to a longhair normal standaard. Lovely dogs!

And I also like the brooder man that thing is huge!!

7. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Great job and good design !

Just remember that chicken wire is to hold chickens in, but doesn't keep predators out. A racoon, dog, coyote, etc. can tear through chicken wire. Can you reinforce the outside with welded wire ? There can also be a problem with animals digging under and into the tractor if not protected.

Your babies are adorable (so is the dog).

8. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Wow!!! Good job!! I have to get busy on my own! Love the dog. My Aunt had a Dacshund named Belle, and when she would get ticked at you she would sit under the coffetable and glare at you. You did'nt need to speak "dog" to understand what she was thinking of you!!!

9. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] sounds pretty familiar

10. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Hi Sandra!! It's a hoot how you tell what your pets are thinking of you!!! My cat minnie can be down right evil but she still lets me live in her house. I checked out your coop on another post, very nice. You have a handy boyfriend!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by