new tractor pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by patandchickens, Oct 1, 2007.

1. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Well, they've been in it for about 6 weeks now, so I guess it's not brand spankin' new, but I've only now gotten around to taking photos. This is my first time posting pics on this board, hopefully it will work:

[​IMG]

There are more photos and a lot more information (possibly too much <g>) about the tractor's construction and what I like vs what I don't like about it, if you go to our webpage:

http://www.darwood.net/users/tim.pointing/farm/critters/chicken-tractor.html

(Edited to add: actually I finally braved the "my page" section of the BYC site and managed to put all the tractor content on a page there. So if you prefer, you can view it here instead: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=1642-tractor )

Pat

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Great job!!! [​IMG]

Dawn

3. w8tn4fresheggs

w8tn4fresheggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    I really like your coop. If I had built mine, I would have done it the way you did. Great Job. I think it is cute. The girls look happy too.

I checked out your pictures at your website. I bought the Henspa and they have a clear Plexiglass roof panel for the top. That might be a easy solution for you. I like it because it lets the light in for them to start laying eggs.

Steph

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I loved reading your webpage!!!

I was telling Dh about the hasps & he said "they got locked in didn't they?" I hate it when he doesn't let me finish telling him something before he tells me what happened! Of course it is a "good" thing when it comes to building things...LOL, so I don't get locked in!

Anyway, we had been discussing a plan to build a tracor/coop that we could sell. It would have to fit between the fender wells of a pickup. He has been trying to describe his idea to me...but I need a visual. When I showed him yours, he said "that is real close to what I was trying to tell you".
    So, thank you, now I understand what he was talking about.

I like it.

Jean

Eddited to add: DH said you could paint the roof with the same kind of paint that is used to paint outdoor decks.

5. greginshasta

greginshasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    Don't feel bad about locking yourself into the coop. I have to work on an escape strategy too since the gate locks on our run keep hanging when we are inside the run. Really stinks to be stuck inside wondering how to get out.

6. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    :|

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by