New Tufted Roman geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by gallorojo, Dec 18, 2010.

1. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    I just got a trio of Tufted Romans last week, I am really new to geese, can anyone tell me if they look right? To my inexperienced eyes, they seem pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:The one on the left doesn't look like a Roman for shape and where is the tuff? The one on the right and the second picture look about right for young Romans. Their bodies will fill out a bit with age. I am not talking Show birds, just comparing them to the ones I bought from Holderreeas years ago. Mine were very docile and rather nervous for geese. Someone offered me big bucks so I sold them.~gd

3. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    They all do have tufts, sorry if the pics do not show it well. The females have smaller tufts compared with the male. They are all pure white, blue eyes, pink bill and feet, white tip to beak. I'm not seeing OBVIOUS faults with them, but, I'm not that sure of what to look for!!

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Well I am not a show person but that single picture looks very good to me. BTW that white tip on the BILL not BEAK is called the 'bean' My gander had a black spot in his tuff when he was very young it was so cute that I broke my rule and named him 'spot'. At the first molt to adullt feathers it up and disappeared and everybody asked me why I called him spot.

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I LOVE them!! I have one Roman Tufted and I want to get a few more! They're the sweetest gentlest geese. I plan on getting a few more this season! Good luck with yours!

Laurie

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    that is the only goose i dont like!!! at the fair theyd always hiss when i walked by!!!!

they are nice lookin birds

7. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are some nice looking Tufted Roman geese you have there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by