New turkey not eating like she should....disease or just hen pecked..literally

nyck2019

Hatching
Dec 11, 2018
I have a bourbon red hen turkey that is new to my farm, she has been eating fine and interacting with he other turkeys but one night she went to roost on the fence and flew down outside the next morning, I assumed she would go back in the next day...she has not. There are no signs or trauma or being hurt other than her wings droop when she is standing still. She will be one year old in the spring. My birds are free ranged in a large fenced area so I haven't had a chance to see what her poop looks like but now that she is quarantined, I will check that. I am in North Ga and it has been called and rainy for the last few nights. I just put her back in he pen when I fed and she acted somewhat interested in the feed but wouldn't pick any up. Also, one of my chicken hens went after when I was trying to catch her to put her in a pen alone to feed. When I fed her in the solitary pen, she pecked at the feed but didn't seem to eat alot. Now she is laying in the corner and acting lethargic. Is she sick or just need to be fed more?

nyck2019

Hatching
Dec 11, 2018
No, she is younger than my other turkeys. Now that she has been separated for a few days, I have noticed yellow and green poop in her pen. I have seen this before in my chickens and gave them antibiotics. I am contacting my feed store to see if they have anitibiotics I can give.

Top Bottom