New turkey owner/memorial

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by stephcraig78, Jul 1, 2016.

1. stephcraig78

stephcraig78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    We decided to get a flock going for the first time this year. We have a nice little variety of birds. 2 buff Orpington, one black sex link, one frizzle, one blue slate turkey, one Cochin, 2 turkeys(either rio grande or bourbon red) one silkie, and silkie/Cochin cross. A few nights ago we lost our beloved blue slate turkey. A skunk got inside the coop and the brave 2 1/2 -3 month old tried to draw the skunk away from flock and in doing that fought with the skunk and lost. The skunk left the rest alone though. It tried to drag our turkey out under the wall of the coop. So I would like to start a sort of memorial thread for those of us that want to tell their lost loved ones stories. We haven't had any luck catching the skunk as it hasn't came back since that night. We have cameras around our property so we can watch. Thanks for letting me tell about our precious Turd Bird. Yes he was named by our kids. I will be posting pics of the rest of our flock in the thread about telling which sex they are. Again thanks.

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I'm sorry for your loss. My beautiful blue slate hen was killed by a fox while laying back in April. Luckily I had one egg from her so I put it in the incubator and now I have her son. He reminds me of her in so many ways (and his dad as well, who was killed two weeks before the hen during the night).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by