new tv show. did you watch it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Mar 22, 2010.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Songster

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    it is called jamie oliver's food revolution, and the first episode is up on hulu.com right now. I don't know what the series is about in general, but in the premier he goes to the most unhealthy city in america and tries to change the school meal system ad build good eating habits among the children. seems good. did you watch? what did you think?

2. Is this the british guy who says "America's food is killing us all"? I really wanted to see that. I thought it was on the other night but I missed it.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Darn! missed it! I like that guy...
    I'll have to try to find it next week...

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Songster

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Thanks!!!

6. chickaddict

chickaddict Songster

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I've watched Jamie Oliver on some of his other programs for years. He has some wonderful recipes, and he was very enjoyable to watch and listen to also.

7. Well, I watched it, I'm looking forward to the next episode. What day/time is it on? I'm too poor or too cheap for cable TV. I'll have to hulu.

Saw a magazine of his at Border's Bookstore today, but it was expensive. Very nice, and the nonglossy paper its printed on was luxurious. If I made a lot more money I'd be subscribing to that one.

8. arabookworm

arabookworm Songster

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't know about you, but that show frustrated me nearly to the point of tears. I mean he leaves his family, comes to your town to help make you healthier because your food is killing you and their reaction is basically "you can't tell me what to do!" [​IMG]

9. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I watched it last night on Hulu. I didn't know it started already, but I hardly watch TV so wouldn't know. I found that radio host to be very rude. He acted like Jamie was health crazy or something I don't know...I mean if they are so put off and so defensive, why not just actually look up and see what he does? He has plenty of videos on youtube and I'm sure there is a lot of info about him on the web. I think he should have just said "I'm here to teach you to cook and not just eat pre-packaged and heat it up food."
    I thought it was a bit funny when the lady mentioned the USDA and he didn't know what it was...but I would think they would have covered some stuff before he came here =\\ maybe they have people on the crew that help out with that stuff, I dont' know.
    I think he should have done a breaded chicken for the lunch, he'd have something the kids might want to take plus a bread in the lunch lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: