New umbrella cockatoo owner

Devan lussier

Hatching
May 22, 2015
Greensboro Bend, Vermont
Im fairly new to forums and owning a U2. I felt kinda funny posting questions to any of the cockatoo sites because I didnt want to be ridiculed for not knowing much about my U2 before I got him. I have no regrets about rescuing my "Buddy" but I do have alot of questions that others might find funny or odd. I've done tons of research and feel a little over whelmed with all the information. Im not sure if I ask my questions now or if this is just to introduce myself. I guess I will start with introductions first and then start new forums with my questions. I got Buddy about nine months ago. I don't know much about previous owner so we are just slowly getting to know each other. From what I can tell or what I do know is he's about seventeen years old. I was told he is a he but im not too sure about that. He seems to have picked my husband as a mate and he tolerates me but loves to bully me. I swear he knows I've read alot about the damage they can cause and knows how to scare me. Im trying to be patient and not intimidated but I have to admit that's hard. Im just looking for any and all info on how to make sure buddy has the best possible forever home. Thank you!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new cockatoo. I've never kept them but I see you have posted over in the caged birds section. I hope you get all the answers you need from there. I too was scared of birds and found slow and steady won the race to be able to get over the fear. Try to be confident around him as you are doing so he does not pick up on it.

Good luck with him and enjoy BYC :frow

I wish I could help but, the only caged birds I've ever had were 2 canaries and 1 Java Temple bird. are the folks on the Caged bird thread unable to guide you? I know one of the greeters on here has had parrots, etc. But at the moment I can't remember who. Hopefully they will show up and offer advice.

Glad you joined the flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Nice of you to give Buddy a forever home. I hope you get the answers you're looking for on the Caged Birds forum. It would be fun to see a photo of Buddy if you would like to share.

Glad to have you join us!

Back
Top Bottom