New UpDate!!!!!,,,My ducks were killed last night!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by BackSwampGirl, Dec 28, 2008.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] I am sorry but I have had something to get in my pen last night and killed all my ducks except for 3.And 2 of them are mangled up pretty bad.So there will be no more eggs for sale.They are in such shock.I had 10 and all are dead except for 3.I am so upset.The most pretty Rouen and Cayugas I have ever had.So for the ones that was wanting duck eggs there is no more. Thanks so much,Remember my other 3 that are left.I am very upset. Sandra

2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Oooh, I'm so sorry!!!!! [​IMG]

3. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I'm so sorry... that's awful. I hope you find whatever did this and make sure it never gets near your duckies again!!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That's terrible and I'm so sorry... [​IMG]

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have any eggs in the fridge that you can set?

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I'm sorry! That really bites. Perhaps you can get some eggs from folks YOU'VE sold eggs to????and start up again.

7. Birdman18

Birdman18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Queens, NY
    ohhh i'm so sorry!! [​IMG]

i hope that you will find whatever it was that went in your pens, if i were you i would set up some traps or put an electric fence around your pens. Predators seem to be the disadvantage when raising poultry, it happens though. Its just important to stop it from happening in the future.

Good Luck with finding the predator, and i hope the other 3 recover soon.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i am so sorry!....i know how special ducks can be..i love my 2 very much...so sorry about this!..[​IMG]...[​IMG]..

9. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] Thanks for your concerns.But just to upset right now to start anymore.It is so hurtful.I feel like it was a bobcat or bear.What was so bad it just took 2 of the babys and 1 big one and killed all of the rest.Except for the 3 that is in shock.It left the ones that was killed right in the pen.Busted the gate open,messed up everything in there.I am suprised it did not eat the eggs that was in there.I have moved them in new pen.But I have a feeling it may come back tonight.It may just not get very far this time.It will catch some buck shot this time.Lots of tears here!!!

10. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Better make sure your other pens are secure because now whatever it is knows where you live and that it can get at the birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by