New website for poultry auctions

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AussieSharon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I just came across this website started this month for poultry auctions. Looks like it will be similar to eggbid.com etc. Free listings and registration.

www.layinaround.com

2. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    WOW they have a bator and turner for 50.00 wonder if I can trust that sight? I am always leery with new sites but i think I want that bator.

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    The lady starting it is an ebay member ( that's how I found it, doing a search for hatching eggs )
    I think like anything you have to hope the person is honest. Last year I bought a bator on here from a member who sold the same bator to several others. None of us got the bator and he's since been banned.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I just saw the bator auction. Do you have a tractor supply or southern states nearby? You can get both new for around $80 total

5. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    [​IMG] no tractor supply around here. Shoot we don't even have a good feed store. [​IMG]

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I went to that new site the other day. I went to register and you HAVE to give them a credit card number just to register. I didn't register.

7. cherndon712

cherndon712 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Quote:Kinda like buying eggs from eggbid and the seller reporting it unpaid a month after it'd been paid!
    I'll check this site out, and hope the sellers are more honest there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: