1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Welsh Harlequin Drake (PIC)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckboatprincess, Sep 13, 2009.

1. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    So... I finally got a picture of my new WH drake. He doesn't have a name yet. Also, he's still going through his molt, so he doesn't have his nice green head yet. Tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Awwww! What a cutie! He looks like he is just a little younger than my Tweak.

Does he have blue on his speculum feathers (wing bars) or bronze? Hard to tell in that picture. If they are blue he is a silver WH, bronze he is a gold WH.

3. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    He has blue I think. Actually, it's more green when the sun hit it so I'm thinking blue. He's such a nervous nellie, so it's hard to get close enough to look.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    OHHH! He is gorgeous!!

5. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Thanks... I like him. Today is the first day that the others let him into the flock. Yesterday, everyone went to the pond without him. He stayed next to the pen. I felt so bad for him, but today, he's sleeping and eating with them. I didn't realize how huge they were. He's the size of my pekin hen, if not a little bigger.

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    LOL Thats how I felt with my runner drake. Ive only had him for a week or two and and I still cant get over how huge he is.

7. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I'm glad he's a big boy because that means he'll be able to mate the pekin hen I have. I think they'd make some pretty babies.

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    OHHH! I cant wait to see the colors! Im really excited to see what My f/w runner magpie and cayuga crosses look like [​IMG] I was worried that he was going to be too small to mate with my larger hens but when i got him home I was like [​IMG]

Looking at your drake.. i think I want one [​IMG]

9. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Lol... MY F&W runner drake was too small to mate the pekin. Plus, she hated him and wouldn't let him. I've got some cayugas too, but I'm hoping my blue cayuga drake mates the black cayuga hen. If the WH boy mates the rouen hen, I wonder what those will look like too... this could all become very interesting. I've got 15 WH eggs in the bator as well as this boy, so I'm excited to see what happens. The lady I got the eggs from would probably be more than willing to ship the eggs if you'd like them. I paid $6/doz.

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My pockets are empty [​IMG] Ive got to send out money for my last batch of ordered eggs and then Ive got to find a job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by