New Welsh Harlequin Parents!

wernert

Hatching
Mar 11, 2016
California
This is our first duck adventure together. We volunteer for a rabbit rescue and now have five 19 day old bunnies and two 5 day old Welsh duckies! Yeah... It's been a bit busy but I am so happy to have found this site. Thank You! I look forward to learning and laughing about the adventures of our new children:)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on your new ducklings :celebrate Looking at your avatar they sure are super cute :love Have you checked out the duck section? I'm sure you will really enjoy the duck chat there. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
I'm sure the keepers there would be able to help you with any questions.
Good luck for the future with your new babies and enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on the ducklings...WH are beautiful!

In addition to the duck forum, you may enjoy chatting about rabbits over here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

Thanks for joining us, hope you're enjoying all your animals!

Thank you all! I did a lot of reading and gave them their first treat last night! BIG moment! Tails wiggling, standing up "tall" and baby wings clapping and I swear they were talking about me behind my back! Thank you for the bunny info as well. Our rescue deals with house rabbits and this Mamma came to us and a few hours later, she had her babies. As soon as she is done nursing, she will be spayed and adopted out. For now, the ducks and bunnies play together and our Queensland babysits all of us
1f61d.png

I do have a question- what is imprinting and how do you know if it has happened? I think it's fascinating!
SO much infomation on ducks and I'm glad we started researching early! These feathered kiddos are going to get lots of love in their lifetime!

Yes, he is! He's incredibly gentle with all our pets. Our guinea pig bonded with a rabbit, our baby bunnies bonded with ducks, and Winston just babysits and watches everyone. He's fantastic! He takes his "job" of keeping everyone happy and safe very well. He licks/kisses Every bunny, duck and the guinea pig Goodnight! He does HAVE to have a job, though... Even though he's almost 10, he will still be very destructive with paper products. His job keeps him entertained, and I NEED that!! Lol!!

Back
Top Bottom