New White guineas! How do i make them get along with my other guineas?

1st_chicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Hello, I recently bought Some young white guineas.
smile.png

I would say they are about two to three months old. I bought new guineas before but they didn't get along with the ones i already had. So they ran away.
I am not sure what genders the white guineas are. Do you think i should keep the pearl and the white guinea flocks separate?

Can you tell their genders at this age? If there are to many males will they go of, and make their own flock? How can i keep them all together?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

I'd suggest housing them side by side for 6 weeks so they get to know each other and hopefully bond, but cannot get to each other. If your last batch ran away more than likely it was because they were not penned long enough and had no idea where home was... so they left to find one, lol. Your 2 flocks may never bond tho, but the longer you house them side by side the better chance you have of eventually combining them into one flock. Letting them out too early and integrating them too early usually results in too much aggression between the 2 groups.

The most reliable way of determining the sex of Guineas is by the calls they make. Hens will constantly repeat the 2 syllable buck-wheat or comeback call, males just usually do the repetitive chi-chi-chi-chi call.

Back
Top Bottom