new years chicks & practical egg joke pic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by opihiman911, Jan 1, 2008.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I had 3 little chickies hatch early new years eve. After midnight I looked in the bator and saw a fourth one had pipped but woke up this morning and it didn't progress and had died. So my busted up slimy eggs that I got in the mail wasn't a total loss, I got 3 healthy happy little austrolorp chiks. What a great way to start the new year.
    [​IMG]

After playing with my new little ones I went to get some eggs for breakfast and one of my hen pulled a new years joke on me. She left a quarter sized egg with all the other normal eggs. Now this is from a young RIR pullet, but she has been laying for the last 2 months and her eggs have been getting bigger.....not smaller. New Years Eve is pretty noisy here in Hawaii with lots of fireworks and loud parties going well past midnight. Maybe she is telling me she didn't appreciate our late night partying and she didn't get her beauty sleep.
    [​IMG]

Here is to a Happy and Healthy 2008.

Aloha,
    Cory

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how neat for you............and that egg is hilarious....I do think she must be telling you something [​IMG]

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Congrats on the hatch. Very cute chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by