New Year's Day Foods

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
What if any foods do you fix as a tradition or special treat on New Years Day?

Ours is a big pot of ham n beans and yes made with the ham and ham bone left over from Christmas, with cornbread and real butter and apple pie ala mode for desert.

The hot bowl of beans sure is gonna be good this year but not sure about the ice cream with temps barely touching 20 tomorrow.

Food? On New Year's Day? Hm.... what a concept. I'm hoping to have scrambled eggs, but I may not wake up until 2 PM.

Stay safe everyone!

Quote:
LOL, been there done that but as one gets older one gets wiser. I figured out that those 12 ounce curls were what gave me the headache the next day. We simply enjoy a chinese dinner with friends, good conversation or a good game of some sort and a little homemade wine at midnight.

The collard greens stands for money for the new year what is the meaning of the black eyed peas? My granny always fixed collard greens, black eyed peas and hog jowl on new years day. It meant something but I only remember the collard greens = money.

Chicken chow mein! Noodles are often eaten in China on New Years for good fortune.

Ok, it's not Chinese New Years yet and I'm not Chinese. But I WAS born in Hong Kong and I love noodles, so it works for me!

Happy New Year! Time for me to watch the fireworks on tv.

We always had black eyed peas with ham hocks, and corn bread.

My dad said they used to have baked 'possum 'n sweet potatoes, black eyed peas, and corn bread.

You're supposed to have good luck from the black eyed peas.

Back
Top Bottom