New Year's Resolution Help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Dec 31, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    This year, I will complete my resolution. I've decided that I'm tired of being tired so I'm going to drop weight. I'd love to cut down to just fresh veggies, fruits and some lean meats, but the thing is...I can't bring myself to eat fresh veggies. Most awful in my list is celery. It tastes to me, like what BO smells like. Even with peanut butter, I wind up licking off the peanut butter that's not touching the celery because the celery makes the peanut butter taste bad.

But, I'm going to try to force myself to eat only carrots (another BLECK) and celery for lunches. Along with some flavored water. The issue is, my lunches are during work. After standing, walking, semi-running around my job, I am exhausted by lunch time. I have to eat something sugary in order to perk myself up. Will eating an apple or orange give me that same rush?

I'm going to cut down my pop intake to 1 per day, and I'm going to try all of this without pills.

I LOVE fish, chicken and venison, so eating lean meats won't be an issue. I can eat cooked veggies (except celery) no problem. Soups are great too, especially tomato! MMMMMM.

Is there anything I MUST eat in order to keep my health up? Can I make this diet change cold turkey or will it make me very sick to do it suddenly?

2. Starscream4Ever

Starscream4Ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Chubsville, Duckyland
    Best wishes for you! If you do drink one soda a day, drink the drink of champions: PEPSI!

3. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    BLECK! Pepsi?! BLECK.

Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper, or Mountain Dew... [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Dont eat celery if you dont like it that much...(that will MAKE you blow your diet..)
    just eat the veggies that you like...or that you can tolerate... [​IMG]
    Good luck!

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I did manage to swallow a bite of it...but I ate it with bleu cheese.

Veggies I like to eat:
    spinach, with dressing...

Um...what other veggies are there that I can pick up at the Wal-Mart?

6. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    First of all I'd like to wish you Good luck in your endeavor. I too need to do the same thing. Just want to warn you about the dressing, especially blue cheese. It sort of defeats the purpose!

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    If you're needing energy by lunch time, try having a portion of lean protien/meat and veggies you'd actually eat.

A serving of healthy nuts, like almonds, is also good for an energy boost; one serving is usually aboud 12 almonds.

I know Wal-Mart has those cherry/grape tomatoes, baby carrots, sprouts, snow peas, (trying to think of raw veggies that aren't bulky...)

If you want to prep ahead, get frozen veggies and fix them the night before or portion them into containers on the weekend and freeze.

Fruits are good sources of natural simple sugars.

8. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Wait?! You can eat snow peas raw?? I thought those had to be cooked! Well that makes this much easier! [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go for it!

10. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Of course! I love raw snow peas. [​IMG] Especially in salads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by