1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Years Resolutions (pertaining to chicken)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Dec 24, 2011.

1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    What are everyone's' New Years resolutions as far as chickens are concerned? What you plan to do or not do etc...

Mine is to work on new breeds like chocolate orps and BLR Cornish among others.

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Not gonna buy any more. Nope, not gonna. Nope... No... Just say no to more chickens... [​IMG]

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Yah, I ain't buying anymore chickens, either (famous last words Hahahahah)... but I have my white faced black Spanish breeding project getting started, so I am quite sure we will experience some degree of flock expansion nonetheless.

That being said, my 2012 Chicken Resolutions are going to involve getting more efficient at processing our extra roosters for food, and I am also setting aside of patch of our garden area to grow a few things specifically for the chooks to eat. Gonna grow some big sunflowers, black oil sunflowers, 2 kinds of corn, amaranth, soybeans, and quinoa (the quinoa, the big sunflowers, and the soybeans are also going to be for human consumption). We are also going to plant more pumpkins and greens than we will really eat. I think it'll really help offset our feed costs.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by