New Years Resolutions......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magikchick, Dec 30, 2008.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    OK it's that time of year. What are you going to change, do or try to make 2009 a better year.

Me it's the I'm going to loose the weight again. I did get a new elliptical machine. And I have started a healthy eating plan, made it thru a whole day.[​IMG]

So what are you guys planning?

2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Good for you,Keep it up,

I m going to quit smoking forever,
    start my own business, ( have already started)

and make my philosophy "to work to live, and not to live only to work"

and to continue, making my life richer in the things I enjoy.

Best wishes to everyone else and a Hppay and Prosperous New Year.

Jena.

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Mine is to never have a hang over again.

I've been booze free(other than cooking wine) for a week or so now.

4. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    My resolution is to save more than 20% of my total pay each month, so that I can speed up my time table of moving up to West Virginia and start up my own little homestead in the mountains. Its a lifetime goal, and I am only 26 so its totally doable.

5. I'd like to lose some weight and keep it off!!!
    Possibly gaining courage to get the Lap Band surgery done!

6. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

To loose the extra 10 #'s and go for a walk daily even when it is cold out...LOL like all winter [​IMG]

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:I know 2 people that had the surgery and are living wonderful lives now! Total success stories!

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I would like to start using up all my fabric and yarn stash. Not buying any more unless it has a specific project to be used for.

Also, dh and I plan to start digging ourselves out of all of our old debt. We have a plan in place and this should happen easliy. In our nearly 9 years of marriage, we've never been out of debt nor had a decent savings. 2009 is our year to start this!

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    In my educated opinion....Lap bands only work if you eat small portions and exercise regularly...So..if you have the will power to do that, you may as well forgot the surgery and eat right and take exercise.
    So... If you don't mind I'd like to offer my services as a nutritional consultant. I can e-mail you some paperwork to fill out so I can get your general health level. Then, after you see your Doctor for a checkup and tell him/her you want to diet and exercise and get an OK, Then we can work on a change in your eating and setup an exercise plan.

My goal for all my clients is to improve health first then weight loss will happen on it's own. I believe in SLOW weight loss. No miricle pills, powders, shakes, starvation diets, etc...just good food, exercise, viatmins and minerals, and small changes in habits over time.

I don't believe in surgical weight loss. It's dangerous and costly, and not nessicary in 98% of all patients. Many times the DR say "Loose 90lb and we'll do the operation.." If a person can loose 90 lb from diet and exercise, Why can't they loose 150lb by doing the same thing? Instant gratification....People didn't gain 300lb over night, why do they expect to loose it over night?

Anyway, If you want to, click on my website and send me an e-mail.

Sorry, I hijacked the thread. I has a soapbox to get on. Now I'm done.

10. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i plan on saving money.
    2) selling items on my online store
    3) opening my home based shop (i hope)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by