New Zealand - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by nicola86, Jan 21, 2012.

1. nicola86

nicola86 Out Of The Brooder

Hi all,

Im from christchurch, new zealand and was just wondering if anyone else is from new zealand?

:)

2 people like this.
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Not from NZ... but I would like to be!

How are things SHAKIN' there in Christchurch?

3. nicola86

nicola86 Out Of The Brooder

hi :)

Things have been quite lately which is not good because then we normally have a big one. I just try and not think about it :) Chickens are good to put my mind too lol.

Lovely to meet you Mahonri

Nicola

4. eksterhuis

eksterhuis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2012
    I'm in Christchurch too! Looking for chicken buddies as well!!! What chickens do you have? I have a right old muddle but trying to concertrate on Silver Campines, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Silver Sebrights, Faverolles and whatever else comes my way!!!

5. Goldngirl

Goldngirl Out Of The Brooder

Hi guys! Carla here:) Thanks for telling me about this forum eksterhuis!! Nice to have somewhere to go so I don't feel like the only crazy chicken lady aroud!;) Even nicer to know their are some others here from ChCh!

I have only had chickens for around 6mths...but absolutely love them! We currently have two orphington cross girls, two silver laced wyandottes, silkies and some baby pekins. My silkies are great broodies so have hatched eggs and also put day olds under them...this is addictive I need to live on a farm!!lol

Absolutely love the little pekins! They have been handled so much so are really friendly! My kids love giving them cuddles:) I think raising them from little chicks and handling them lots is definately the way to go!

What kind of hens do you have Nicola?

6. eksterhuis

Jan 7, 2012
    Hello Carla! I will give you a ring later on about my new lovely broody... I might be able to make it round today if I can! I have 10 chicks this morning and another 2 pipping! exciting!!!

7. Goldngirl

Oh my gosh how exciting!!! Later today will be fine:) Will definately be home from 4pm

8. eksterhuis

Jan 7, 2012
    She is already settled and sitting! I think I might get her some pekin eggs after chatting with you!!! Too exciting not to!

9. Goldngirl

Yay!! I'm going to get everyone into pekins!! They are just so lovely :)

10. eksterhuis

Jan 7, 2012
    I just want your mottle... I thought if I get some of my own one might be like her!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by