New Zealand Rabbits in Maine, NH, VT, MA or Eastern NY?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by waynesgarden, May 23, 2008.

1. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    I'm looking for a trio of NZ breeders for meat production. I travel frequently between Western Maine and Albany NY. Anyone know of breeders in the general travel path?

Any help would be, well, helpful.

Thanks!

Wayne

2. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
  3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Thanks MaineChickens. I did contact Perly Emery a while ago by email but hadn't heard back. I'll try calling him since email addresses sometimes get changed or abandoned. He had New Zealands listed under the breeds he raises and I think I remember seeing a NZ white of his at the Freyburg fair. He's located in the next town from here.

I do have my heart set on New Zealand Whites. They're what I raised back in the 70s and 80s and I grew to like the breed.

Wayne

4. professor-yellow

professor-yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    If you ever make it to Washington Stae, i will hook you up with some of ours. We are down to 67 right now. [​IMG] NZW's are our favorite too.

5. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Yeah, I found out the hard way that picking up the phone works better when you are looking for stock. I had many returned emails for bad addresses for most breeders. Or the infamous over limit return. P-I-T-A.

Perley is really a nice guy and if he doesn't have what you want, he'll know who does and send you to them.

The white satin meat mutts I have from him have some NZ in them. bigobunnys... make my rex look like mini-rex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by