New Zealand!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by joannadale, Jan 8, 2009.

1. joannadale

joannadale Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2008
    New Zealand
    Hi all
    I'm pretty much a newby and have only just spotted this post. I've spent most of my time on the site reading all the amazing information you have here from so many helpful people. I came down to New Zealand a couple of months ago from the U.K. after my grandfather died and left me his cottage and fifteen acres of land. It's quite a change of lifestyle for me as I've always lived in the city and all my food up to now has come from the supermarket. The chickens have been a challenge because they had all escaped from the coop after a tree had fallen through the center of it!.
    I've now rounded most of them up again and have to start from square one learning what to do. I guess that goes for the whole place really. I have a man coming to look at the tractor this week to see if it can be started. I thought it worthwhile to keep a blog as a record of my days. Lucky for me it's summer now so hopefully I'll get myself sorted out before the winter sets in. Lovely to meet you all and I hope to talk more soon.

Joanna

http://www.gardencottageblog.ruqqa.com

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    What part of NZ are you in? My sister is in ChristChurch, though she's moving back stateside next month after being there a little over a year. She loves it, and the photos she sends to me are stunning. Please please share photos of your area and your chickies? [​IMG] and [​IMG]

3. joannadale

joannadale Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2008
    New Zealand
    I'm in the South Island Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain, about 500km north of Christchurch. I have put some photos of the chickens on my blog, have a peek of you get a chance.

Joanna.

http://www.gardencottageblog.ruqqa.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by