New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by welder84, Mar 13, 2016.

1. welder84

welder84 New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    Hello. Just want to say hey as I am new to this forum. Well, I've been reading and lurking around for years and just now registered. I'm not new to chickens, had a few until recently when they stopped laying consistently. I live in town and can only have four hens so I don't have room for hens that don't lay. They have gone to live out in the country with a friend of mine. Anyway now I've gotten some new chicks. Not sure of the sex as most were only sexed at 85%. They are about 6-7 weeks old. 2 comets, 2 amerucanas, which might be Easter eggers, 1 Delaware, and 1 silkie. Mostly interested in finding out the sex of the silkie as I think the others will be a lot more obvious. Here's a picture from earlier tonight. [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It's awfully early to evaluate a silkie but, it's looking like cockerel at this point. Large comb and crest pushed back because of it. You can get many more opinions if you post at "what breed or gender is this." I hope I am wrong.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Drumstick diva is a lot more familiar with silkies than I am so I'll just say hello and it's nice to have you here!

4. welder84

welder84 New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks! I hope you are wrong too. I really wanted a silkie but can't keep it if it's a rooster. We aren't allowed to have them in the city. As far as behavior goes, it is the one that gets pushed around the most. It is smaller as the rest of the chicks aren't bantams.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - like NFLChick, i agree that DD is a bit of a silkie guru on silkies, but fingers crossed she slipped up with this one! (for your sake) [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by