New

Borichapiz26

Hatching
Mar 22, 2016
Hi i am also new to this i was wondering about the baby chicks i have a 5 week and a 3 week chicks and i was wondering if i can leave the 5 week chick outside now but i dont know if to put him outside by himself or just leave him in the house with the others?

You didn't say where you are located. If you are talking about putting the 5 week old outside for a few hours on a warm day then that would be okay. But he's not old enough to be put out without a heat source for another week or two. Especially if he's alone. I would just keep him with the others and put them all out at the same time. Mine are usually 6 to 7 weeks old when I let them be without heat if the weather is warm. In cold weather I will let them have a warm spot until 2 months old or older.
smile.png

Last edited:
I apologize i live in Richmond Virginia and it gets really cold at night in the winter and in summer it gets pretty hot but sometimes chilly night i keep them all inside anyways but thats why i was wondering because u read that once they are 5-6 weeks old they can move outside but i do not have not one big chicken all baby chicks and i also wanted to know cause during the day i leave em all outside for some air and at around 5 i let them all back in but most of the time i see they are under the chicken coop in shade so what does that mean and how long should i leave them outside for?

Another thing even if its super hot day and night is it a bad idea to leave them outside in probably about another month?

I apologize i live in Richmond Virginia and winter its cold and summer its hot during the day at sometimes its cold at night but i was also wondering i keep them all outside during the day cause its beautiful outside and i bring them back in around 4-5 but i was wondering why is it that they be under my chicken coop in the shade?and how long can i leave them outside for? And ok then its not a good idea to leave them outside then and if its hot day and night even they are about im going to say about 7-8 weeks old can i leave them in the chicken coop outside or will that still be to soon to take the heat lamp away?

Back
Top Bottom