New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chinbunny1, Dec 30, 2008.

1. chinbunny1

chinbunny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Hi. I am new here. i used to breed and show chickens in the early nineties.

Someone from here purchased a buff cochin painting from me on ebay recently. asking if they could have permissionm to use it as their avatar. the answer is yes. [​IMG]

I don't have chickens now. there are city laws against them where I live. But I do have a few pet/show pigeons, and rabbits, and other animals allowed in the city. I can raise rabbits and any type of small animal here. But no chickens. [​IMG]

I plan to paint some more chicken paintings in the future. [​IMG]

I used to have black minorcas, cochins, buff orpingtons, white and barred rocks, a lot of mixed breeds and banties, and a lot of purebred waterfowl.

Also if anyone wants to see some paintings or have some comissions done my ebay user id is dixons_art.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

I'll have to go check out your paintings. I always wished I could draw or paint. But, I can't even draw a stick person without a ruler!!

What kind of rabbits do you have? We are planning to get some New Zealands in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  3. chinbunny1

Dec 30, 2008
    I raise and show standard chinchillas(the bunnies not the rodent), thriantas, florida whites, and a few odds and ends mixed breeds. The standard chinchillas are the oldest breed of the chinchilla rabbits, and one of the rarest.

I have raised newzealands as 4h market rabbits before. They are nothing but big babies. [​IMG] I wish i had room for them again. though if i add another breed it would be something rare. Like americans, or american chins.

I should add I don't have chicken paintings up yet. But I could use some good refference photos. [​IMG]

4. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG] Can't wait to see your chicken paintings! (You'll probably find some customers on here... Post what you have for sale on the buy-sell-trade section; if it's on eBay already, just add a link to your eBay ad).

8. chinbunny1

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicken lady, if you are the same person I think you are, I used to show chickens with you. and hung out with you at the hillsdale county fair last year. You've seen my paintings in person. [​IMG] This is Janelle Dixon. the chinchilla rabbit/archangel pigeon lady. [​IMG]

9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by