1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Farnorthmama, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Farnorthmama

Farnorthmama New Egg

Jan 4, 2008
    Hi! My name is Liv. I'm still in the "completely new" phase of all this. Hubby and I are talking about having a small farm when we leave our current locale (he is military, and we know we're leaving in a little over 18 mos, so it just doesn't seem prudent to do it now [​IMG]), so in the meantime, I'm reading and learning. I am a complete newb to all of this, but the idea of a small farm with chickens just makes me so....happy [​IMG]

nice to meet ya'll!

Liv

2. echickenlove

echickenlove Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2008
    Bella Vista AR
    I am fairly new myself but welcome to the forum! I have read and learned much in my short time of being here, and I am sure you will learn a whole lot too. The hardest part when you do get your chicken farm is deciding which type of chicken you want to keep..they are all so beautiful it's almost impossible to choose![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Nice to meet you to and look forward to yu getting your own flock of chicken love, lol!! Very rewarding! Welcome to the chicken coop! Darlene

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Hi & Welcome to the Board!

5. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Be careful, it's addicting![​IMG] I live in the suburbs, and I know I can't have any more chickens and it's killing me ( I have 5 ). I really want to move but where I live there is little to choose from in our schoold disctrict with land. I keep looking though. I have my eye on one house but they are asking $40K more than I'd spend for it since it needs so much work.
    So where will you be moving to?

Welcome friend!
    Stephanie

6. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    HOWDY ! Welcome to BYC. Hope your plans come together and you get lots and lots of chickens.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Welcome! We are retired Air Force ourselves, so we know where you're coming from. Glad to have you.

8. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    hello newbie [​IMG]

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    welcome to the board [​IMG]

10. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 Out Of The Brooder