Newb from Missouri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Finge, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Finge

Finge Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    Hi, my name is Finge online, but my real name is Pyper. I'm new to chickens, and I currnetly don't own any, but i'm getting 15 chicks for a ffa project for a fair in a couple months, so I decided to study, but I am planning on raising Rhode Island Reds since I need hardy and tough hens to lay eggs for me on my small plot of land.

I first found BYC through BYF, I guess they're sister sites, and since I found BYF very helpful to me whenever I had any questions, and when one of my bucklings, Samuel L. Jackson {Sammy} got ill and later died the next day, the members there were helpful, and then comforted me with m first loss as a goat owner.

I don't have many hobbies, but I do draw and my family raised Mini Dachshunds.

I am 15 years old, so I still live with my parents, I also have one blood brother, and 3 people i've come to call brother as well. My brother is also in prison, because the law enforcement in our old town had a grudge against him since I hit 3rd grade, maybe even earlier than that. So, my parents' money usual goes to lawyers, since he still has charges against him, and to help him get supplies to keep him clean, like soap and stuff. I'm trying to provide for myself with all the farming stuff i've thrown myself into, so they won't have to spend so much on me which is why I took over my dog's litters, and got goats and now, chickens.

So as I mentioned, my family has Mini Dachshunds, 4 to be exact, though, I own one, her name is penny and she's a black with red points. Then we have her twin sister, Suze, who's a solid red with cray yellow eyes, then there's the top dog of our house, Molly who is a double choclate dapple. Then, there's or only male dachshund, Shorty, who is a silver dapple. Then my dad has a Doberman, our guard dog, and then I have one sweet little Nigerian Dwarf buckling, Buddy, and we plan on getting another buckling named Mr.wislon.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Pyper and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Pyper, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Good luck to you and your future flock! CTKen gave you some great links to explore! Best wishes and thanks for joining! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Pyper, thanks for joining us. I've had a couple of RIR girls in the past and thoroughly enjoyed them, wonderful birds. I hope you enjoy the ones you'll be getting as much as I did mine.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Pyper. I used to raise & show Cockers many years ago. I am a lifelong dog lover. Your doxies sound beautiful. I've only seen a dapple once but, thought it was very attractive.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Pyper [​IMG] Welcome and Happy New Year!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. Finge

Finge Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    thanks you al! you guys are just as friendly as BYF x3.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by