Newb in NE florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shikens!, May 2, 2011.

1. Shikens!

Shikens! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I can't wait to get my new chickens! We are planning on starting our coop in two weeks! I'm planning on 3 hens. 3 different colors of wyandottes. I'm trying to remember the questions I'm suppose to answer... We also have 3 cats. 2 tuxedos and an orange tabby, in addition to a fat little boston terrier rescue.

I've never had chickens before, nor have I ever seen one in real life! I'm going to get my chickens as pullets as soon as the new coop is done!

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Shikens! :

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I can't wait to get my new chickens! We are planning on starting our coop in two weeks! I'm planning on 3 hens. 3 different colors of wyandottes. I'm trying to remember the questions I'm suppose to answer... We also have 3 cats. 2 tuxedos and an orange tabby, in addition to a fat little boston terrier rescue.

I've never had chickens before, nor have I ever seen one in real life! I'm going to get my chickens as pullets as soon as the new coop is done!

[​IMG], from Connecticut! You've come to the right place for chicken information! We're happy to have you here!​

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. Just be careful, chickens are very addicting. [​IMG]

4. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

5. Shikens!

May 2, 2011
    Wow thank you all so mch for the incredibly warm welcome! You guys are right, I did come to the right place!!!

6. 04SportsterChick

04SportsterChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Welcome. I am a new chicken owner too. You will find all the info you need here and people are so nice. Good luck!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida, to another Floridian! [​IMG] Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

8. Shikens!

May 2, 2011
    I have been googling like crazy all day looking for someone or somewhere local that has some chickens I can see. I want to see some in real life so bad and not just pictures!

9. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Welcome to the Chicken Addiction Unanimous club! Where in N. Fl are you? I'm in Jacksonville. There are all kinds of resources available locally. My advice to you is READ, READ, READ! The more you know before they arrive, the better your chances of success....and you'll spend less money if you know what you're doing. Go to the Index at the top of the page and find subjects to read that interest you. Ask questions when you get confused (that's what I STILL do! HA!) We all want you to have good experiences.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by