newbe question

Yes if they can stand in an egg carton cup during incubation?

last time I did was with 4 H they gave me eggs & incubator said turn 3x day!

that was it no other directions! so needless to say I cooked those eggs
hit.gif

Well I called the office & told them I couldn't get the eggs to stand up ((they said you have to))

so I am assuming you have to make them stand up is that write?
idunno.gif

If you have a turner in the incubator they stand up in the turner, but if you have no turner, just lay them on their sides and turn them a half turn 3 times a day.

Right, you need to stand them up so that the big end is up top. The big end has the air cell in it.

I've heard of people using egg cartons with the bottom cut out and hatching worked just fine.

I took a styrofoam egg carton, flipped it over and trimmed it down to hold my eggs at an angle in the incubator. Here's a picture of how that looks before I did the trimming.

2070530596_7cf2fd0f65.jpg

In the final version I'm using, I trimmed off the lid of the carton and trimmed out the valley area directly under the egg (to maximize airflow around each egg). I also arranged the eggs so they are 90 degrees compared to the egg arrangement in this photo (front to back, instead of side to side like in the photo). That way the eggs don't make any contact while I'm flipping them.

This has worked out really well for my small number of bantam eggs (5). I just mark one side of the eggs with an "X" and flip them back and forth like flipping a light switch rather than rolling them around to turn them (quicker that way).

Back
Top Bottom