NEWBIE ALL EXCITED

rgvchicks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
Roma Texas
back on the 1st I set 25 eggs on a homemade incubator I built.....4 day I candled and was able to see blood veins on 20 of them....today I candled again on the 20 eggs and was able to see movement of the embryo....1st time hatching so got all excited and got me an old icechest i had in storage and started building another incubator still air no fan just two 60 watt bulbs with a dimmer. made a whole on the lid and glued a glass panel to be able to see the digital thermometer/humidity. I finished around 3pm and plugged it in...temp was set to 101.5 and comes down to 98.5....are those temps good for still air? tomorrow i'm getting 40 eggs from a farm close by getting rhode islands and plymouth barred rocks.....i haven't hatched yet and i already feel the "addiction"...rgvchicks

sound nice. Good luck
thumbsup.gif

just added 48 eggs to my 2nd homemade incubator i built yesterday....i set the eggs this morning and seems that the temp is stable...101.3 to be exact.....is this ok for still air?

3 MORE DAYS FOR LOCKDOWN.....HAD A SPIKE LAST NIGHT OUT OF NOWHERE.....ON MY AIR FORCED AQUARIUM ...IT JUMPED FROM 99 TO 104....IT WAS AROUND 3 AM WHEN I WENT TO BED AND CHECKED BOTH OF MY BATORS AND THEY WERE RUNNING OK ON TEMP AND HUMIDITY...TIC TOC...TIC...TOC...TIC...TOC....6:30 AM KIDS TO SCHOOL AND BOOM 104....I REMOVED THE LID FOR A COUPLE OF MINS TO LET THE HEAT OUT AND PUT IT BACK ON....I DIDN'T TRY TO READJUST THE TEMP NOR NOTHING....I JUST LET IT DO ITS WORK AND TEMPS ARE BACK TO NORMAL ON THEIR OWN.....WHY DO SPIKES HAPPEN SO SUDDENLY? I'VE SEEN THAT A LOT OF FOLK HAVE ISSUES WITH THEM SPIKES! ....THING HERE IS THAT I DONT KNOW WHEN EXACTLY THIS HAPPENED IN THAT 3 HR INTERVAL.....GOT SIX MORE DAYS TO GO FOR HATCHING.....LITTLE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS SPIKE!

Back
Top Bottom